Re: Object Relational, Foreign Keys and Triggers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Turner
Subject Re: Object Relational, Foreign Keys and Triggers
Date
Re: Object Relational, Foreign Keys and Triggers  (Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>)
List pgsql-general
Actualy max() works just fine.  It's not the solution I use in the
middle tier, but it works for a functional example.  both max() and
currval() are bad because they can cause a race condition where the
sequence has been incremented by another thread.  It's always better
to get nextval('sequence') and store it in a local var, then use it in
the main insert and corresponding sub-inserts.

The example I give has been tested, and works, it's not fake.

Alex Turner
NetEconomist