Re: Object Relational, Foreign Keys and Triggers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Object Relational, Foreign Keys and Triggers
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 07:22:32PM -0500, Alex Turner wrote:
> I am facing the classic pgsql ORDBMS problem:

<snip>

Why are you using MAX()? That won't work at all. Perhaps you need to
look up the documentation for nextval and currval. In particular, that
second query should be:

insert into entity_phone select currval('entity_id_seq'),'610 495 5000';

Also, I'm not sure if inheritance works quite the way you think in the
example you give, though other people may correct me on that.

Hope this helps,

Attachment