Re: Save and load jpg in a PostgreSQL database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Elford,Andrew [Ontario]
Subject Re: Save and load jpg in a PostgreSQL database
Date
List pgsql-general
I use Large Objects for my images (and any binary file type).  there's section in the PostgreSQL docs on it.  In php, I need to get the oid from pg_lo_import($conn, $imagefile)  then manage an index table that has a list of my images:

INSERT INTO images (filename, mimetype, datetime, image) VALUES ('$filename','$mimetype', $imagedate, $oid);

(I know you aren't useing php; this is just an example)

I can't help with your imageBox question :(

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of lfmartinelli
Sent: 2010 November 5 2:46 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Save and load jpg in a PostgreSQL database

Hey Dmitriy,

I'm using Visual Studio 2010 system.data.odbc becouse this worked good and i tested psqlodbc lib to .Net, but i don't find any advantage to use this.
In a Brazilian forum, i read a post and it was written:

-" Just use this line: INSERT INTO table (image) VALUES (pg_escape_bytea(image.jpg))".

Changing "image.jpg" to my image file, the PostgreSQL already convert this and save in a database.
Is this true? And how can i load this to imageBox in my system? Which type must be declared my variable?

Thanks to your help.