Re: Increasing Max Connections Mac OS 10.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brian Hirt
Subject Re: Increasing Max Connections Mac OS 10.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Joe,

I've run into this on my ibook too.   The default number of files is
set very low by default.  On my system 10.3.2, it's 256 for the
postgres user.   You can raise it to something higher like 2048 with
the ulimit command.   i have ulimit -n unlimited in my .bash_profile

ibook:~ root# su - postgres
ibook:~ postgres$ ulimit -a
open files                    (-n) 256
ibook:~ postgres$ ulimit -n unlimited
ibook:~ postgres$ ulimit -a
open files                    (-n) 10240
ibook:~ postgres$

regards,