Re: Some macros for error field codes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Some macros for error field codes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Should we create some user-friendly macros for the error field codes?  I
> have a feeling that PGXYZ_SQLSTATE may make for better code than just 'C'.

I just pushed the ERRCODE_ macros out into their own file.  How about
placing that file where client apps can include it directly?

Note though that I think client apps will want to test "is this code in
this class" about as often as they'll want to check for specific
codes.  We might need to provide some additional infrastructure to
handle that.