Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> To date testing database cluster wraparund was not easy as initdb has always
>> inited it with default xid/mxid/mxoff. The option to specify any valid
>> xid/mxid/mxoff at cluster startup will make these things easier.

> Doesn't pg_resetwal already provide that functionality, or at least some
> of it?

pg_resetwal does seem like a better, more useful home for this; it'd
allow you to adjust these numbers after initial creation which might be
useful.  I'm not sure how flexible it is right now in terms of where
you can set the new values, but that can always be improved.