Re: 7.3.3 COMPILE FAILURE: pg_dump (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: 7.3.3 COMPILE FAILURE: pg_dump (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

--On Monday, June 09, 2003 23:12:27 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
wrote:

> Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
>>> cc -O -g -I../../../src/interfaces/libpq -I../../../src/include
>>> -I/usr/local/include -DBINDIR=\"/usr/local/pgsql/bin\"  -c -o pg_dump.o
>>> pg_dump.c UX:cc: WARNING: debugging and optimization mutually exclusive;
>>> -O disabled UX:acomp: ERROR: "pg_dump.c", line 192: incomplete
>>> struct/union/enum option: long_options
>
> This implies that your system has the getopt_long() subroutine (in one
> library or another) but <getopt.h> either doesn't exist or doesn't
> define "struct option".  This is not particularly hard to believe,
> since getopt_long() might be installed in a nonstandard place and its
> header file too.
>
> CVS tip attempts to support long options with or without a system copy
> of getopt_long(), but I fear that it will still break on platforms like
> yours, because there is no separate configure check to see if we need to
> provide a definition of struct option.
>
> Peter, what can we do to fix that?
for the record, this is a change from 7.3.2 to 7.3.3 that broke here.
7.3.2 compiled
just fine.   Peter has an account on this box if he wants to look around.

I can also make other people accounts.

LER