Re: identifying unrecognized node type errors - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: identifying unrecognized node type errors
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> writes:
> All these functions are too low level to be helpful to know. Knowing
> the caller might actually give a hint as to where the unknown node
> originated from. We may get that from the stack trace if that's
> available. But if we could annotate the error with error_context that
> will be super helpful.

Is it really that interesting?  If function X lacks coverage for
node type Y, then X is what needs to be fixed.  The exact call
chain for any particular failure seems of only marginal interest,
certainly not enough to be building vast new infrastructure for.