Re: building 7.4.1 (on linux) with --disable-shared - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: building 7.4.1 (on linux) with --disable-shared
Date
List pgsql-general
David Garamond <lists@zara.6.isreserved.com> writes:
> Does it currently work? src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/*/ is not
> building anything, and 'make install' fails because it tries to copy
> *.so files.

For sufficiently small values of "current", it builds.  You do realize
you won't have any PL languages or conversions, I trust.

    * src/: backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/Makefile,
    backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/proc.mk, pl/plperl/GNUmakefile,
    pl/plpython/Makefile, pl/tcl/Makefile (REL7_4_STABLE): Back-patch
    repairs for --disable-shared support.

    * src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/Makefile: If we don't have
    shared libraries, we don't have conversions.  Make
    conversion_create.sql be empty (except for a helpful comment) in
    this case.  Allows initdb to succeed with --disable-shared.

    * src/: backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/proc.mk,
    pl/plperl/GNUmakefile, pl/plpython/Makefile, pl/tcl/Makefile: Fix
    bit-rot in support for building with --disable-shared.    This patch
    gets us past 'make install', but initdb still fails for lack of
    conversion libraries ...

            regards, tom lane