Re: pgsql: Sync our copy of the timezone library with IANA release tzcode20 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Sync our copy of the timezone library with IANA release tzcode20
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> This is causing a compilation warning on Windows:

>  src/timezone/zic.c(2401): warning C4804: '-' : unsafe use of type
>   'bool' in operation

Hmmm ... the code looks like

        bool        locut,
                    hicut;
        thistimecnt = -locut - hicut;

so I think your compiler has a point.  I shall complain to upstream.
At best, it's really unobvious what this code is meant to do, and
at worst (eg, depending on whether bool promotes to signed or unsigned
int) the results are unportable.