Re: Fatal error "stack empty" on ROLLBACK - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fatal error "stack empty" on ROLLBACK
Date
List pgsql-general
"dandl" <david@andl.org> writes:
> SPI call to execute "ROLLBACK" triggers FATAL ERROR "stack empty". What does
> it mean? Nothing in the docs I can see.

I can't find that string anywhere in the Postgres sources.  However,
SPI should refuse to execute ROLLBACK, or any other transaction control
command; it should give you back a SPI_ERROR_TRANSACTION result code
instead.  Maybe you're not checking for failure results and expecting
the command to have done something?

            regards, tom lane