Re: ESQL/C: a ROLLBACK rolls back a COMMITED transaction - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ESQL/C: a ROLLBACK rolls back a COMMITED transaction
Date
List pgsql-general
Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> writes:
> El día Dienstag, Mai 12, 2020 a las 08:01:15 -0400, Tom Lane escribió:
>> Not an unreasonable suggestion, but it'd be more likely to happen if
>> you send in a patch ;-).

> as the first argument to ECPGdo() is of type int we can not do a hack
> like "__LINE__:"__FILE__ (i.e. concatenating line number and filename
> into one string. We have to change the call interface function ECPGdo()
> and add a string argument.

Yeah, now that you mention that, this was discussed before.  We cannot
change the signature of ECPGdo as that would break existing client
binaries.  We could leave it alone (and unused by newer compilations)
if we add a new entry point, though.  "ECPGnewdo()", anybody?

            regards, tom lane