Re: Segmentation fault using digest from pg_crypto - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Segmentation fault using digest from pg_crypto
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Manuel Sugawara <masm@fciencias.unam.mx> writes:
> "Marko Kreen" <markokr@gmail.com> writes:
>> In 8.0 the pgcrypto functions were non-strict and checked for NULLs.
>> In 8.1 they were made STRICT.
>> In 8.2 the NULL check were removed from code.

> Not an smart move IMHO, I didn't create the function, it was created
> as part of my upgrade process. May I suggest to put back the check?.

That's the standard way of doing things in C functions (ie, rely on
STRICT markings) and I see nothing wrong with it.  If you were using an
upgrade process that failed to incorporate version-to-version changes in
the definitions of contrib functions, this is hardly going to be the
only problem you encounter.