Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods (mac+lz4.h) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods (mac+lz4.h)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 05:37:07PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Digging around, it looks like the "-I/opt/local/include" bit came
>> from LZ4_CFLAGS, which we then stuck into CFLAGS, but it needed
>> to be put in CPPFLAGS in order to make this test work.

> If it's the same as the issue Andrey reported, then it causes a ./configure
> WARNING, which is resolved by the ac_save hack, which I copied from ICU.

I think probably what we need to do, rather than shove the pkg-config
results willy-nilly into our flags, is to disassemble them like we do
with the same results for xml2.  If you ask me, the way we are handling
ICU flags is a poor precedent that is going to blow up at some point;
the only reason it hasn't is that people aren't building --with-icu that
much yet.