Re: [HACKERS] removal of braces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] removal of braces
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I am sure there were some bugs fixed by this cleanup.

And some introduced, most likely.  Just how much does your script know
about C syntax, macros, etc?

I concur with David Gould that this is a risky, expensive exercise
with very little potential gain.

If you were able to identify any spots with the sort of macro-induced
bug you illustrated, great!  Fix 'em by hand.  But I doubt that a
12000-line wholesale modification is worth the trouble.  Heck, half
the code I've looked at in pgsql doesn't even conform to indentation/
tab-width conventions ... and *those* we have well-tested tools to fix.