Re: Query Jumbling for CALL and SET utility statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Query Jumbling for CALL and SET utility statements
Date
Re: Query Jumbling for CALL and SET utility statements  (Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> While studying a bit more this thread, I've been reminded of the fact
> that this would treat different flavors of BEGIN/COMMIT commands (mix
> of upper/lower characters, etc.) as different entries in
> pg_stat_statements, and it feels inconsistent to me that we'd begin
> jumbling the 2PC and savepoint commands with their nodes but not do
> that for the rest of the commands, even if, as mentioned upthread,
> applications may not mix grammars.

I've been thinking since the beginning of this thread that there
was no coherent, defensible rationale being offered for jumbling
some utility statements and not others.

I wonder if the answer is to jumble them all.  We avoided that
up to now because it would imply a ton of manual effort and
future code maintenance ... but now that the backend/nodes/
infrastructure is largely auto-generated, could we auto-generate
the jumbling code?