Re: Not-so-open items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Not-so-open items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Store only active XIDs in subtransaction cache
>>
>> Per my note just now, this probably should wait for 8.3.

> OK, added to TODO.

Actually, I realized this morning that there isn't anything there that
the current code doesn't do already.  A subxact will never be assigned
an XID in the first place unless it stores tuples into the database.
(This means the do-I-need-to-do-something tests in
RecordSubTransactionCommit and RecordSubTransactionAbort are pretty much
redundant...)

So you might as well drop it from TODO --- perhaps there are variant
ideas we could use, but I don't know what they are.