Re: Server tries to read a different config file than it is supposed to - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Server tries to read a different config file than it is supposed to
Date
List pgsql-general
> On 05/23/2015 08:06 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I can't explain that claim, but for me, -c config_file=something
>> seems to work as you'd expect, and a look at the server source
>> code confirms that it should honor that (cf SelectConfigFiles()).
>> I think the documentation Adrian pointed to is a bit out of date,
>> or at least oversimplified.

> So order on the the command line is not important, the start up code
> sets its own precedence?

Order on the command line would only matter if you wrote -c config_file
twice.  The point here is that an explicit setting for config_file on the
command line overrides the default based on -D.  Or at least it's supposed
to.  I'm not sure now what's going wrong for the OP.

            regards, tom lane