Re: explain and PARAM_EXEC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: explain and PARAM_EXEC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> So I guess there are two issues here: (1) somehow I feel like we
>> should be telling the user what expression is being used to initialize
>> $0, $1, etc. when they are PARAM_EXEC parameters;
>
> Maybe, but the only reasonable place to put it would be within the
> (SubPlan N) reference, which is not a place where verboseness would be
> appreciated, I think.  In principle it could look something like
>
>        (SubPlan N ($0 := b.oid))

what if we put fully qualified names every time we use a reference
from a subplan?
something like:
                                             QUERY PLAN
pg_catalog.pg_classb  (cost=0.00..2250.22 rows=271 width=4) Output: (SubPlan 1) SubPlan 1   ->  Index Scan using
pg_class_oid_indexon pg_catalog.pg_class a
(cost=0.00..8.27 rows=1 width=4)         Output: a.oid         Index Cond: (a.oid = subplan1.$0)

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova