Re: fix: plpgsql: return query and dropped columns problem - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: fix: plpgsql: return query and dropped columns problem
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Pavel Stehule<pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> there is fix for bug Re: [BUGS] BUG #4907: stored procedures and changed tables

this one applies, compiles and it actually fixes the bug...
it should be backpatched until 8.3... but applies cleanly only until
8.4 (what a surprise), attached is an adapted version for 8.3

the only thing that is bothered me is that the same solution is used
again and again... seems like we can use a function like
make_tuple_from_row (maybe something like make_tuple_from_datum or
eliminate_dropped_cols_from_tuple or something like that) for avoiding
duplicate code... but that's another patch, is worth the trouble?

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova

Attachment