Re: bug or simply not enough stack space? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: bug or simply not enough stack space?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Frank van Vugt <ftm.van.vugt@foxi.nl> writes:
>> I think I might have been overenthusiastic in trying to free resources
>> during a subtransaction abort.  Try this patch and see if you notice
>> any bad side-effects.

> All examples I had that crashed and burned, now work correctly and/or bail out
> correctly where needed.

> No side-effects noticed.

Well, it had some :-(.  I've committed a better version of that patch,
which will be in 8.4.1.  However, if you're not seeing any serious
memory leakage then you could keep using the patch you have for the
time being.

            regards, tom lane