Re: proposal: add columns created and altered to pg_proc and pg_class - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: proposal: add columns created and altered to pg_proc and pg_class
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
>> this my proposal is very simple. It help to people who have to manage
>> large or complex database system. Important data are date of creating
>> and date of altering tables and stored procedures. These data cannot
>> be modified by user, so implementation doesn't need any new
>> statements.
>
> ISTM anyone who thinks they need this actually need a full DDL log;

while i agree with that, what i actually think will be useful is to
have the DDL log in a separate file... because it is a security log
and probably i will want different info than in a log to measure
average performance

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova