Re: Extending grant insert on tables to sequences - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: Extending grant insert on tables to sequences
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams@oryx.com> wrote:
> At 2008-07-09 15:11:25 -0400, alvherre@commandprompt.com wrote:
>>
>> No, actually I meant having a lone "list = lappend(list, newseq);" in
>> the loop, so that ExecGrantStmt_oids is called only once.
>
> Yes, I understand what you meant. I just phrased my agreement poorly.
> Here's a more precise phrasing. ;-)
>
> (I agree with Robert Treat that there seems to be no point granting
> SELECT on the sequence. I don't *particularly* care about it, but I
> tend towards wanting to drop that bit. This patch reflects that.)

Hi,
sorry for the delay i was busy...

attached is a new version of the patch, it implements Alvaro's
suggestion and fix a bug i found (it wasn't managing GRANT ALL) :(

About the SELECT issue, AFAIU Robert doesn't complaint he just asked
what is the use case... if people think it should be  removed ok, but
OTOH: why? i don't think that affects anything...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

Attachment