Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables in VACUUM commands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables in VACUUM commands
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn@amazon.com> writes:
> On 5/18/17, 6:12 PM, "Michael Paquier" <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Fine for me as well. I would suggest to split the patch into two parts
>> to ease review then:
>> - Rework this error handling for one relation.
>> - The main patch.

> I’d be happy to do so, but I think part one would be pretty small, and almost all of the same code needs to be
changedin the main patch anyway.  I do not foresee a huge impact on review-ability either way.  If others disagree, I
cansplit it up.

Yeah, I'm dubious that that's really necessary.  If the change proves
bigger than you're anticipating, maybe it's worth a two-step approach,
but I share your feeling that it probably isn't.