Re: inherit support for foreign tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: inherit support for foreign tables
Date
Re: inherit support for foreign tables  (Etsuro Fujita <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
Etsuro Fujita <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> Attached are updated patches.  Patch fdw-inh-5.patch has been created on
> top of patch fdw-chk-5.patch.  Patch fdw-chk-5.patch is basically the
> same as the previous one fdw-chk-4.patch, but I slightly modified that
> one.  The changes are the following.
> * added to foreign_data.sql more tests for your comments.
> * revised docs on ALTER FOREIGN TABLE a bit further.

I've committed fdw-chk-5.patch with some minor further adjustments;
the most notable one was that I got rid of the error check prohibiting
NO INHERIT, which did not seem to me to have any value.  Attaching such
a clause won't have any effect, but so what?

Have not looked at the other patch yet.