Re: DOS-style line endings in .pgpass - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: DOS-style line endings in .pgpass
Date
Re: DOS-style line endings in .pgpass
List pgsql-bugs
Vik Fearing <vik@2ndquadrant.fr> writes:
> On 11/14/2016 08:31 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> What appears to be happening here is that one of the characters of the
>> CRLF is being appended to the password, making it invalid.

> Maybe something like the attached patch?

Our usual approach to \r characters is that they're whitespace.  I wonder
whether the most friendly solution here is to chomp all trailing
whitespace.  Anybody ever heard of using a trailing space or tab in a
password?

    while (len > 0 && strchr(" \t\r\n", buf[len - 1]) != NULL)
        buf[--len] = '\0';

            regards, tom lane