Re: Remove redundant variable from transformCreateStmt - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Remove redundant variable from transformCreateStmt
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I'd do it like this.  Note I removed an if/else block in addition to
> your changes.

> I couldn't convince myself that this is worth pushing though; either we
> push it to all branches (which seems unwarranted) or we create
> back-patching hazards.

Yeah ... an advantage of the if/else coding is that it'd likely be
simple to extend to cover additional statement types, should we ever
wish to do that.  The rendering you have here is nice and compact,
but it would not scale up well.