Re: default_tablespace doc and partitioned rels - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: default_tablespace doc and partitioned rels
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Apr-16, Justin Pryzby wrote:

> If this parameter is set when a partitioned table is created, the partitioned
> table's tablespace will be set to the given tablespace, and which will be the
> default tablespace for partitions create in the future, even if
> default_tablespace itself has since been changed.

Pushed with very similar wording:

+       <para>
+        If this parameter is set to a value other than the empty string
+        when a partitioned table is created, the partitioned table's
+        tablespace will be set to that value, which will be used as
+        the default tablespace for partitions created in the future,
+        even if <varname>default_tablespace</varname> has changed since then.
+       </para>

I made it a separate paragraph at the end, because I noticed that I had
added the note in an inappropriate place in the earlier commit; the
second paragraph in particular is more general than this one.  Also
looking at that one I realized that we need to talk about the value
being "not the empty string".

I hope it's clear enough now, but if you or anybody have further
suggestion on improving this, I'm listening.

Thanks

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile
"If you have nothing to say, maybe you need just the right tool to help you