Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On Alpine Linux, which uses musl libc, you have to run `make install`
> before you can run `make check`. Have you tried that?

We have the same situation on macOS.  There, it seems to be the result
of a "security feature" that strips DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH from the process
environment when make executes a shell.  There's not much we can do
about that, and I suspect there is not much we can do about musl's
behavior either.  (I am not a fan of proposals to modify the binaries
under test, because then you are not testing what you intend to
install.)

            regards, tom lane