Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Wolfgang Walther
Subject Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane:
> We have the same situation on macOS.  There, it seems to be the result
> of a "security feature" that strips DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH from the process
> environment when make executes a shell.

I'm not sure whether this explanation is sufficient for the musl case,
because LD_LIBRARY_PATH does make a difference: The direct dependency
(libpqwalreceiver.so) can still be found if it's moved elsewhere and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH points at it. So clearly the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable is
still set after make executed the shell - it's just not in effect on the
*indirect* dependency (libpq.so) anymore.

Best,

Wolfgang