Re: pg_pconnect - ?? - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Frank Bax
Subject Re: pg_pconnect - ??
Date
Re: pg_pconnect - ??  (Marco Colombo <marco@esi.it>)
Re: pg_pconnect - ??  (Frank Joerdens <frank@joerdens.de>)
List pgsql-php
The connection will only be reused if the *same* apache child process
handles the request.  You should expect to see many postgres client
connections.
A) Each database/user connection combination.
B) Each apache child process

Multiply A*B to get max number of concurrent connections.  If A*B can go
over postgres connection limit, then you might start getting connection
refused messages.

If your postgres database is on the same server as you webserver, there is
neglible gains for using pconnect over connect.

Frank