Re: psql & HTML - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: psql & HTML
Date
List pgsql-general
Actually I'm one of those who thinks these sort of features (including the
existing html display stuff) don't belong in psql.

It's much better to use a different tool to do it (e.g. a perl, php, java,
C++, etc program, a reporting tool, and so on).

By the time you need fancier display features than what psql already
provides you usually would be looking for something less "rube
goldbergish". Then again, I mentioned perl (and use it) so feel free to
ignore me :).

Seriously tho, when you start to get more users you might find that
shell+psql+sed+sed+sed+etc strung together won't be able to keep up with
the load.

Cheerio,
Link.