psql & HTML - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leif Jensen
Subject psql & HTML
Date
Re: psql & HTML  (Alaric B Snell <abs@frontwire.com>)
Re: psql & HTML  (Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh@pop.jaring.my>)
List pgsql-general
   Hi there,

  I have been using psql's HTML option for quite some time to generate
intranet tables from our corporate database, which works very nicely.

  I wonder if anyone has been extending this feature for better control of
the output. At the moment I am piping output through several 'sed's to
control table attributes like bgcolor, alignment, etc. It's very difficult
to control individual columns, using colgroups, etc. this way. I would
like some kind of additional options making it possible to add table
attributes as well as making layout control easier.

  I have been thinking of having a look at the psql source for adding such
features if they don't already exists, and I would welcome any suggestions
in this respect !

  Greetings,

 Leif