Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL
Date
Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL  (Jan Wieck <janwieck@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
At 11:26 AM 1/25/02 +0100, Holger Krug wrote:
>so I won't repeat that stuff here), but I know that for scenarios like
>yours connection pooling was invented. Connection pooling avoids the
>creation of a new backend process for each single query. Did you ever
>try your test with connection pooling ? Real databases *require*
>connection pooling in such a case, MySQL or file systems

If the database crashes are not due to resource limits, connection pooling
does not seem to be the real solution.

If postgresql crashes after X concurrent backends are respawned Y times I
figure something is wrong and should be fixed.

Regards,
Link.