Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Lincoln Yeoh wrote:
> At 11:26 AM 1/25/02 +0100, Holger Krug wrote:
> >so I won't repeat that stuff here), but I know that for scenarios like
> >yours connection pooling was invented. Connection pooling avoids the
> >creation of a new backend process for each single query. Did you ever
> >try your test with connection pooling ? Real databases *require*
> >connection pooling in such a case, MySQL or file systems
>
> If the database crashes are not due to resource limits, connection pooling
> does not seem to be the real solution.
   The  crash he reported this time looks like a backend dumping   core.  I wonder how he killed the postmaster  the
last time   and if he by doing it with -9 corrupted the database?

   The entire discussion is somehow pointless. Tell some Riksha-   puller to compare his Riksha with this brand new
Ferrari,and   wait  his comments after the test drive. He'll probably won't   get the damn thing moving, and if, it'd
bea hell of a  ride,   so  he  will  tell  you  that  his  Riksha  has a much better   handling and the Ferrari
*crashed*.

Jan