Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Devogelaere
Subject Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL
Date
Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers

>     The  crash he reported this time looks like a backend dumping
>     core.  I wonder how he killed the postmaster  the  last  time
>     and if he by doing it with -9 corrupted the database?
He killed the database with -9, rebooted the machine, removed /var/lib/pgsql
and created a new database from scratch. Then he populated the database again
and ran the test again.

>     The entire discussion is somehow pointless. Tell some Riksha-
>     puller to compare his Riksha with this brand new Ferrari, and
>     wait  his comments after the test drive. He'll probably won't
>     get the damn thing moving, and if, it'd be a hell of a  ride,
>     so  he  will  tell  you  that  his  Riksha  has a much better
>     handling and the Ferrari *crashed*.
He doesn't have a Riksha or a Ferrari. But he would hate it if the doors
fell of his Ferrari after opening and closing them a few times ;)

Michael.