Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Devogelaere wrote:

> >     The  crash he reported this time looks like a backend dumping
> >     core.  I wonder how he killed the postmaster  the  last  time
> >     and if he by doing it with -9 corrupted the database?
> He killed the database with -9, rebooted the machine, removed /var/lib/pgsql
> and created a new database from scratch. Then he populated the database again
> and ran the test again.
   So  you  did a new initdb? And then you got a core dump. Ewe,   that doesn't seem right.
   The test case is still on your web page?  I  think  I  should   download it and take a closer look.

> He doesn't have a Riksha or a Ferrari. But he would hate it if the doors
> fell of his Ferrari after opening and closing them a few times ;)
   That's the problem with Ferrari. What makes them expensive is   that you need 3 cars. The Ferrari, a useful reliable
one,and   the car for the mechanic.

Jan