Re: New system OIDS inside include/catalog/pg_proc.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New system OIDS inside include/catalog/pg_proc.h
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> writes:
> I am in the process of adding some external interfaces to the temporary
> relations (started as a goal of being able to view temporary
> tables in psql with \d).

I think you're wasting your time to think about this now.  By the time
7.3 comes out, we will have an entirely new approach to temp tables:
they'll be named with the same names the user sees, and live in
per-backend temp schemas to avoid name conflicts with permanent tables.
So any code based on working with the existing temp-name mapper will
be in the scrap heap before it can get released :-(

> How do I choose a new OID when adding something
> to include/catalog/pg_proc.h?

See unused_oids.