Re: pg_dump, formats & blobs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Philip Warner
Subject Re: pg_dump, formats & blobs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 01:14 14/04/01 +0200, Mathijs Brands wrote:
>sol2:~$ pg_dump -b -Fc -f blaat.bk blaat
>sol2:~$ pg_restore -l blaat.bk
>;
>; Archive created at Sat Apr 14 01:03:02 2001

This all looks fine.

>sol2:~$ pg_dump -b -Ft -f blaat.tar blaat
>zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  pg_dump -b -Ft -f blaat.tar blaat

This is less good. It's caused by the final part of TAR output, which also
dumps a plain SQL script for reference (not actually ever used by
pg_restore). I will fix this in CVS; ctx->filename is set to null for this
script, and my compiler outputs '(null)', which is very forgiving of it.

>Could this be caused by the fact that IMHO blobs aren't dumped correctly?

Is there some other problem with BLOBs that you did not mention? AFAICT,
this is only a problem with TAR output (an will be fixed ASAP).

PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/