Re: pg_dump + function/table hierarchy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Philip Warner
Subject Re: pg_dump + function/table hierarchy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 21:18 29/07/00 +0200, Kovacs Zoltan Sandor wrote:
>Unfortunately I managed to create a problematic database. The problem
>occurs if I execute pg_dump and then try to reload the database. Details:
>
>My only definitions in this database are:
>
>> create function x(int4) returns bool as 'select $1 > 10;' language 'sql';
>> create table y(z int4 check(x(z)));

This is fixed in the next version as well as an experimental version for
7.0.2 found at:
   ftp://ftp.rhyme.com.au/pub/postgresql/pg_dump/blobs/

The solution (as suggested by Tom Lane) was to sort the items by OID before
dumping them. This is not a perfect solution, but it will cover 95% of cases.

(A.C.N. 008 659 498)             |          /(@)   ______---_
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/