Re: index problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: index problem
Date
List pgsql-general
At 10:53 AM 05-06-2000 +0200, Marcin Inkielman wrote:
>On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:

>I solved my problem simplier:
>
>drop index oceny_stud_numer_albumu_protokol_id;
>
>and
>
>drop index oceny_stud_numer_albumu_protokoloceny_stud;
>
>failed....
>

>so I used:
>
>drop index "oceny_stud_numer_albumu_protokoloceny_stud";
>and it worked for me 8-)))

I wonder why it worked tho. How does Postgresql treat stuff between double
quotes, especially regard to string length limits?

Yes I know it's in the source code somewhere, but it's also good to know
the official/intended behaviour vs the actual behaviour.

Cheerio,

Link.