Re: list of extended statistics on psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: list of extended statistics on psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/5/21 5:26 AM, Tatsuro Yamada wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I rebased the patch set on the master (7e5e1bba03), and the regression
>> test is good. Therefore, I changed the status of the patch: "needs
>> review".
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> I rebased my patches on HEAD.
> Please find attached files. :-D

Thanks, and Happy new year to you too.

I almost pushed this, but I have one more question. listExtendedStats
first checks the server version, and errors out for pre-10 servers.
Shouldn't the logic building query check the server version too, to
decide whether to check the MCV stats? Otherwise it won't work on 10 and
11, which does not support the "mcv" stats.

I don't recall what exactly is our policy regarding new psql with older
server versions, but it seems strange to check for 10.0 and then fail
anyway for "supported" versions.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra