Re: list of extended statistics on psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuro Yamada
Subject Re: list of extended statistics on psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Tomas,

> Thanks, and Happy new year to you too.
>
> I almost pushed this, but I have one more question. listExtendedStats first checks the server version, and errors out
forpre-10 servers. Shouldn't the logic building query check the server version too, to decide whether to check the MCV
stats?Otherwise it won't work on 10 and 11, which does not support the "mcv" stats.

>> I don't recall what exactly is our policy regarding new psql with older server versions, but it seems strange to
checkfor 10.0 and then fail anyway for "supported" versions.

Thanks for your comments.

I overlooked the check for MCV in the logic building query
because I created the patch as a new feature on PG14.
I'm not sure whether we should do back patch or not. However, I'll
add the check on the next patch because it is useful if you decide to
do the back patch on PG10, 11, 12, and 13.

I wonder the column names added by \dX+ is fine? For example,
"Ndistinct_size" and "Dependencies_size". It looks like long names,
but acceptable?

Regards,
Tatsuro Yamada