PQexecParams question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Subject PQexecParams question
Date
List pgsql-general
Hey folks,

I have here piece of code, that I wrote some time ago - works fine, but I was wondering - if it can be improved.
This is used to grab id list, not present on submited list. Query usually looks like that;
select id from foo where id not in ($1, $2, $3...);

and I was wondering, is it possible to call PQexecParams with query, that doesn't have a longish list of dollar params (in my case up to 200), but instead uses some other syntax, such as:
select id from foo where id not in ($1...$200);

If not, to guys hacking libpq and area, would it be possible to request such a nice and neat feature ?

ta

--
GJ