Re: installcheck-world concurrency issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: installcheck-world concurrency issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 04.10.22 01:41, Andres Freund wrote:
> BTW, shouldn't src/test/modules/unsafe_tests use the PG_TEST_EXTRA mechanism
> somehow?  Seems not great to run it as part of installcheck-world, if we don't
> want to run it as part of installcheck.

I think there are different levels and kinds of unsafeness.  The ssl and
kerberos tests start open server processes on your machine.  The
modules/unsafe_tests just make a mess of your postgres instance.  The
latter isn't a problem when run against a temp instance.