Re: Copies or tables in schema or copiyng of database - databaseversioning - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Copies or tables in schema or copiyng of database - databaseversioning
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/22/2018 01:12 AM, Łukasz Jarych wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I want to create copies of tables in postgresql to use them by each user
> in coherent way,
>
> So version 1 will be schema1, version 2 will be schema2 (with copies of
> tables from version 1).
>
> How to perfom it ?
> Using pg dump and creating new schemas (or databases is a better idea)?
>
> Or it is a way to write sql to create new schema and copying the older one?

I am trying to understand what you want:

1) The tables will be exactly the same in each schema or will they differ?

2) Is a user going to be restricted to a particular schema?

3) What is the purpose of this layout?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com