Re: "too many trigger records found for relation xyz" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mikko Partio
Subject Re: "too many trigger records found for relation xyz"
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrote:
Mikko Partio napsal(a):

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Mikko Partio <mpartio@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok I removed the faulty tuple and nothing catastrophical happened. I can
do a pg_dump now, but I still can't remove the one remaining table:

# drop table xyz ;
ERROR:  too many trigger records found for relation "xyz"

Any insight for this problem?

I managed to solve the situation with the help of this thread:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2007-02/msg00167.php

Everything seems to be ok for now, but I'm still curious what caused to
whole mess to begin with.

It is really strange. It would be nice to have reproduce scenario. Can you run same DDL command which invoke a catalog corruption on test database cluster?

I tried it on a fresh instance but it went through with no errors  :(

Regards

Mikko