Re: With 4 disks should I go for RAID 5 or RAID 10 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: With 4 disks should I go for RAID 5 or RAID 10
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Dec 26, 2007, at 4:28 PM, david@lang.hm wrote:

> now, if you can afford solid-state drives which don't have noticable
> seek times, things are completely different ;-)

Who makes one with "infinite" lifetime?  The only ones I know of are
built using RAM and have disk drive backup with internal monitoring
are *really* expensive.

I've pondered building a raid enclosure using these new SATA flash
drives, but that would be an expensive brick after a short period as
one of my DB servers...