uppdate from postgersql 8.3.7 to 8.4.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Malm Paul
Subject uppdate from postgersql 8.3.7 to 8.4.4
Date
Re: uppdate from postgersql 8.3.7 to 8.4.4  (Alban Hertroys <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I'm trying to update postgresql ver 8.7.3 to 8.4.4
At the end of the installation when trying to styart the database server.... I get the following error meassage: "Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly. Failed to start the database server"

And when I try to start the server manually I get the following console print out:
Start DoCmd(net postgresql-8.4)...
System error 1069 has occured.
The service did not start due to a logon failure.
Failed to start the database server.

I've checked the 8.4\Data folder and it is empty.

Is ther anyone who has a solution for this?

Kind regards,
Paul