Re: filtering after join - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From andrew
Subject Re: filtering after join
Date
List pgsql-sql
I have traced the code. It exits when the argument is the result of a
join or a subselect in function ParseFuncOrColumn().  The reason
mentioned in the comments is lack of named tuple type. How can force
it to create such a tuple type? is there a way? thanks a million
times!

> andrew <andrew.ylzhou@gmail.com> writes:
> > I got errors in this query. I have a function complete(record) which
> > takes a generic record type data. But it seems cannot be applied to a
> > sub-select result:
>
> As I seem to recall having mentioned several times already, PG 7.3 is
> really, really weak in this area.  (If you ever got it to work, which
> I doubt you will, you'd probably then start to notice how badly it
> leaks memory for whole-row operations...)
>
> You should either forget this idea or invest the effort to move up
> to PG 8.1.

andrew